Friday, May 14, 2004

Wardriving, Condition Zero

On Wednesday I went war driving with shrewd_user and Reubz, we found 5 access points. Only one of which we could access the internet with. Two of them were encrypted I believe. We didn't have much time though, we got some chips with vinegar and chicken salt though so it was worth going out. Planning on going War Driving tomorrow again hopefully. If you don't know what War Driving is, goto http://www.thebroken.org/ it's the first segment in the first episode.

Today Andrew played Counter-Strike online for the first time, of course he wasn't very good but we VS'd the bots. Him and his 33k Internet :P Brad/Weeman saved me a few times and then I saved him majorly when all the bots came up behind him, lol! Simo/Webzy came and went on my server a few times, he didn't stick around long for today though. Andrew stayed the longest so props to him!

Two days ago I downloaded Condition Zero through the Steam Dedicated Server update tool, I now have it running under Steam with netplay. You think I'd buy it? You must have me confused with someone else, its not piracy, they gave me this game, I didn't hack past any anti-piracy measures either, it just works as a Modification to Half-Life. I wonder if they will "fix" this in a later Steam update, chances are likely but Condition Zero is pretty much the same as normal Counter-Strike except with some re-done maps and new models (The new models are only on Single Player for some stupid reason), the offical bots kick ass but I already have those same bots on 1.6 (well the Beta ones from the Steam test, I backed them up awhile back)

Woo go rambling, yesterday I went round Leigh's place to play Condition Zero but Steam fucked up his game and he had to re-install but some bitch had scratched his disc so we ended up playing normal 1.6 there, his dad managed to fix the CD by using a CD Cleaner on it so it's all good, in the manual the replacement CD address is somewhere in Canada, he didn't like the idea of sending it all the way over to Canada to get a replacement though. Valve should get some replacement departments in the local countries. Since he didn't have Condition Zero we just watched the movies on the Half-Life 2 disc that came with it, I must say Half-Life 2 looks fucking awesome :) I am definately buying this game and Doom 3 (yes, me, buying games, heh, these games look fucking awesome though)

Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 won't have much of an impact on me if I manage to get ahold of Far Cry though, Liam has told me how awesome Far Cry is, apparently you can push a boat into the water and just keep walking into the front of it, fun with physics :) Atomic said it was a really awesome game too. Halo 2 has got a final release date set now which is good, lets hope it makes this release date (unlike Half-Life 2's forever delayed release), Halo 2 also looks fucking awesome.

Cameron/Camo told me that E3 started yesterday, so i'm going to make this post then check my link to the "E3 for everyone" for Guild Wars, woo go Guild Wars.

Agret out.

No comments: