Monday, April 26, 2004

Games I look Forward to

Here are the games I am looking forward to in the near (hopefully) future: Fable [XBOX], Sudeki [XBOX] (Said in a stupid voice by Cameron), Half-Life 2 [PC/XBOX], Doom III [PC/XBOX], Starcraft 2 [PC], Guild Wars [PC]

When is E3 ever going to get here, hang on i'll check the date now....

Hopefully E3 will answer a lot of my questions as to the fate of the games I want, Guild Wars is doing a program that is unheard of until now, called "E3 is for everyone" in which you can download and play Guild Wars with the people who are at E3 from your house, the downloaded game will stop working after E3 however but it should give us a good idea of what the game is like! Read more here

At the moment I am downloading the Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow Multiplayer Demo for PC, you can get it for yourself by clicking here the .se stands for Special Entertaining FTP Server (NOT! its slow....whatever the hell SE actually stands for, its strange and I get a very bad ping)

Earlier today I was playing Counter-Strike with Brad, Simo and Bucci. As usual me and Bucci were kicking ass, we played de_aztec, de_dust2, as_oilrig, cs_747 and then de_dust2, a good time was had by all as only one loser joined our game and we managed to vote kick him off (Yay Brad worked out how to do it now!) Bucci had some problems with his CD Key half-way through and he was out of action for awhile while he got that sorted out. This Sunday Shannon and Simo are going to come to my house to play Counter-Strike, I hope that they weren't screwing around beacuse I want to kick their asses, can't complain about lag on a LAN >=)

I have discovered that Serious Sam does not run on a Celeron 533 + TNT2 combo and complains about no video mode found. Quake 3 runs nice and smooth though :) Counter-Strike can be played in Software mode in 800x600 resoltuion with "minimum render lag", I suggest lowering it a bit though. The monitor is screwed so your going to have set the brightness above the normal one to see in the dark areas, either that or use your flashlight. When you up the game brightness the colors ("What the fuck is wrong with the colours?" -Justin) are a little strange though.

Today I got a program for MSN which lets you use any size display picture you want, its pretty cool but I don't look at my own display picture that often so it doesn't really do much for me :P

I also met some chick who lives in the "Dominican Republic" wherever that is i'm not sure, but she spoke both Spanish and English and had a really long name. I met her on Overnet while attempting to download some Rurouni Kenshin OVA episodes, I helped her setup an FTP Server but she doesn't know her router password so she can't do the port redirection herself. I found out it was 2am for her when it was 5pm for me so I worked out I need to get online in the morning to talk to her at a reasonable time for her, I want to get this FTP up and running so I can get the Rurouni Kenshin OVA episode's though. If anyone else has them, please contact me.

I got a "hack" for Blogger which lets you post comments so now you strange people who view my blog can post strange comments (Yay!)

End Transmission.

No comments: