Monday, January 24, 2005

Gametec LAN Writeup


C47 won their first match again -]NS[-. During the practice we were 2 members short so I spent about 20 minutes finding Milamber to fight on our side (By joining the public server) and then one of the admins got aK.47 to fight on our side as well. I think -]NS[- were about to get one of the admins to pass them as the winner of the match beacuse of us having too few members. Thanks for putting up with us -]NS[- you put up a good fight. After beating -]NS[- we moved up and fought against U5 who owned us with their awp's. aK.47 kept insisting that they were all 'sus' I wasn't sure what he meant though. Those guys sounded angry they were yelling at each other a hell of a lot. He said they would be off their game but we only won 3 rounds against them. Lil' Bondy insists that U5 were speed hacking, he said if you held TAB before you died you could spectate despite fade-to-black. I wish he told me this while were playing so I could do it myself. I have no proof of U5 speed hacking nor do I agree with his accusation. To me they were just good players who had some AWP's and liked to grenade spam. I must admit at times their grenade throws seemed to be wallhacked. I can't say for certain though as I had no spectator. Anyway I think we all had a good time with the clan matches and I can't wait til GTL4 (Lets hope there is one). I got season 1 & 2 of Dilbert from the lan and the entire Angelic Slayer series (I believe it's the entire thing). They didn't have the last 3 episodes of Full Metal Alchemist there they only had the same ones as me sadly. The_Shadow downloaded a lot of Rurouni Kenshin off me and 10.0.0.49 kept "Search Spamming" but it was still alright. The network was lightning fast with CS pings of 0,1,4,5,9 and once I even saw a -1 (I kid you not!) as you would expect from the quality hardware used there. We were behind a 10/100 switch so we didnt benefit as much as the others from the gigabit backbone (Not that I have a 1000mbps network card but I still would've gotten a faster connection). Thor and myself were leeching that network like crazy. DC is a lot of fun on a LAN. I hope we can get into that Melbourne Wireless sooner or later. This post hasn't been formatted beacuse im posting through "Hello" with my 300bytes/second download I can't view any websites lets hope my 256kbps upload will hold up to post this though :) Posted by Hello

No comments: